W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > October 2011

RE: Request from the HTML-A11Y Task Force RE Bug 13176 Escalation

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 15:07:50 +0000
To: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
CC: "public-html-a11y@w3.org" <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>, Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, "Michael(tm) Smith (mike@w3.org)" <mike@w3.org>, Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>, "Janina Sajka" <janina@rednote.net>
Message-ID: <E3EACD022300B94D88613639CF4E25F832A4D93D@TK5EX14MBXC134.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
>  I am asking you to please retract your escalation request on this bug at this time

Could you please respond to this request so that the Chairs know whether to act on your escalation?

HTML WG co-chair

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329

-----Original Message-----
From: Janina Sajka [mailto:janina@rednote.net] 
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:49 PM
To: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis
Cc: public-html-a11y@w3.org; Richard Schwerdtfeger; Judy Brewer; Sam Ruby; Maciej Stachowiak; Paul Cotton; Michael(tm) Smith (mike@w3.org); Michael Cooper
Subject: Request from the HTML-A11Y Task Force RE Bug 13176 Escalation

Dear Benjamin:

On behalf of the HTML-A11Y Task Force,  I am asking you to please retract your escalation request on this bug at this time:


We are actively working this issue via the Task Force and the Working Group at this time. The most recent activity and next-steps on this and related canvas concerns is documented in last week's minutes from both groups' teleconference meetings:


Please note that there is no objection to the substance of your concern.
The TF agrees that this is a Priority 1 bug that has not received appropriate attention. Rather, our concern is logistical.

We're actively working to address several specific concerns, including those raised by one of the HTML WG Co-Chairs who has worked with us on this issue.

Critically, this particular 30-day period is a poor time to enter into the decision policy mandated calendar of proposals and counter proposals your issue escalation sets in play. It's simply not feasible to meet those escalation requirements given that we are still waiting for key feedback, and given that the TPAC and other travel lies in the middle of this 30-day period for our key canvas technology people.

I would be happy to discuss this request with you further, by phone or in email. Please give it your urgent consideration, and let me know at your earliest convenience. Thanks.


bugzilla@jessica.w3.org writes:
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13176
> Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com> changed:
>            What    |Removed                     |Added
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                  CC|                            |bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com
> --- Comment #28 from Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis 
> <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com> 2011-10-17 07:44:04 UTC --- (In reply to 
> comment #27)
> > This is marked as a P1 issue: what further escalation procedures should occur?
> Escalation as a Tracker Request as per comment #15.
> --
> Configure bugmail: 
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
> ------- You are receiving this mail because: ------- You are on the CC 
> list for the bug.


Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200

Chair, Open Accessibility	janina@a11y.org	
Linux Foundation		http://a11y.org

Chair, Protocols & Formats
Web Accessibility Initiative	http://www.w3.org/wai/pf
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
Received on Thursday, 20 October 2011 15:08:23 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 15:05:24 UTC