[text] Agenda: HTML-A11Y Text Sub-Group, 16 May, 15:30Z, 90 min

From: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 12:50:28 -0400
To: public-html-a11y@w3.org
Dear All,

Please find below info on our meeting time, a preliminary agenda,
teleconference info, IRC info, and key URI's, for our call this Monday.

Please be sure to review the longdesc CP, which is now stable, prior
to the text-alternatives sub-group call.

Janina will chair if I'm unable to join the call due to conflicting meetings.

We did not have a chance to id a scribe for our upcoming call; it
will save us time if someone volunteers in advance; please do; thanks.

- Judy

HTML-A11Y Text Alternatives Sub-Group on 16 May at 15:30Z for 90 Minutes
Check meeting time in your time zone using Fixed Time Clock at:
  8:30 AM        San Francisco -- U.S. Pacific (Daylight) Time   (UTC -7)
11:30 AM        Boston -- U.S. Eastern (Daylight) Time  (UTC -4)
16:30 PM        London -- British (Summer) Time         (UTC +1)
17:30 PM        Paris -- Central European (Summer) Time (UTC +2)

Please advise of any additions in advance of the meeting:
agenda+ Reminder of clarification, new information, and change
proposal advice,
agenda+ Confirm title change proposal forwarded to Co-Chairs
agenda+ Check consensus on longdesc change proposal
agenda+ Check status on meta name=generator change proposal; call for
consensus if ready
agenda+ Check status on any other text-alternative CP's pending
agenda+ Continue discussion on role=presentation; need bugs only, or CP?
agenda+ Discussion of expected HTML WG survey on readiness of HTML5
draft for Last Call
agenda+ Pre-checking potential formal objections for
unresolved/unrestored accessibility features
agenda+ Other business?
agenda+ Confirm timelines during week of 16 May; confirm next
meetings; identify scribe for following meeting; adjourn.

Dial Zakim bridge using either SIP or the PSTN.
PSTN: +1.617.761.6200 (This is a U.S. number).
SIP: zakim@voip.w3.org
You should be prompted for a pass code; this is 2119# (a11y#)
Alternatively, bypass the Zakim prompts and SIP directly into our
SIP: 002119@voip.w3.org
Instructions for how to connect using SIP:
Place for users to contribute additional VoIP tips:

- IRC server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #text.
- Zakim commands forIRC:
    61# to mute yourself
    60# to unMute yourself
    41# to raise your hand (enter speaking queue)
    40# to lower your hand (exit speaking queue)
- The system acknowledges these commands with a rapid, three-tone
confirmation.  Mobile phone users especially should use the mute
function if they don't have a mute function on their phone.  But the
hand-raising function is a good idea for anyone not using IRC.
- For more on the IRC setup and the robots we use for agenda, speaker
queuing, and posting log to the web:
- Gregory Rosmaita's scribing and participation tips:
- for RRSAgent, that captures and posts the log with special
attention to action items:
- for Zakim, the IRC interface to the bridge manager, that will
maintain speaker and agenda queues:
- for a Web gateway to IRC you can use if your network administrators
forbid IRC, see:
- for more on W3C use of IRC see: http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/

** KEY URI's:
Last minutes: http://www.w3.org/2011/05/09-text-minutes.html
Background: http://www.w3.org/2011/04/14-html-a11y-minutes.html#item02
Task Force Wiki: http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Main_Page
Consensus Procedures: http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/consensus-procedures
Work Statement: http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/html-task-force.html
Dial-in Instructions:

zakim, this will be WAI_PF(Text)
meeting: HTML A11Y Text Alternatives Sub-Group Teleconference
chair:  Janina_Sajka

MIT/CSAIL Building 32-G526
32 Vassar Street
Cambridge, MA,  02139,  USA