Re: [media] alt technologies for paused video

On 11/05/2011, at 5:06 AM, David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:

>>> I would suggest "transcript".
>>
>> Fine by me. I was concerned about finding something that works both
>> for audio and video and for anything that's not just a movie, but also
>> other types of content such as home video.
>>

> I think a transcript is not the same as a description (long or otherwise), and that it should be possible to link a media elements to its transcript.

Fair enough.

> (I'm staying out of longdesc and whether it should also be there!)

I won't. :)
Indeed if we have transcript, we won't need another form of long description IMO. Anything more than 3 mechanisms for short, long and full transcription is overkill for video. I cannot think of a use case that cannot be satisfied with one of these three.