Re: Canvas positioning issue - possible solution (feedback requested).

Rich Schwerdtfeger
CTO Accessibility Software Group

public-canvas-api-request@w3.org wrote on 03/08/2011 05:37:38 PM:

> From: Dominic Mazzoni <dmazzoni@google.com>
> To: Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
> Cc: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>, david.bolter@gmail.com,
> franko@microsoft.com, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, public-
> canvas-api@w3.org, public-html@w3.org, public-html-a11y@w3.org
> Date: 03/08/2011 05:39 PM
> Subject: Re: Canvas positioning issue - possible solution (feedback
> requested).
> Sent by: public-canvas-api-request@w3.org
>
> On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 3:07 PM, Richard Schwerdtfeger
> <schwer@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> > - If you use CSS you have to do all the coordinate
transformationsyourself.

> This seems like the best argument to me. It doesn't make sense to
> require developers to try to do this calculation, and plus it means
> that they'd almost certainly have to use code, not static markup
> anyway.
>
> > we can work on some code. ... as I said nothing is executable yet of
course

> Of course...but maybe it could be simulated with a "fake"
> implementation in pure JavaScript that shows what the end result might
> look like visually?
>
> Even code that doesn't execute would be useful, though.

fair enough.

I have a major conference and an html accessibility face to face in San
Diego. I will try to get to it after that or at the end of the conference.
I have 4 presentations I am working on.