Re: [media] how to support extended text descriptions

From: Masatomo Kobayashi <MSTM@jp.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 18:57:09 +0900
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Cc: "public-html-a11y@w3.org" <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, public-html-a11y-request@w3.org
> > 2. Then the user clicks on the pause button to pause the video, but
this
> > will resume the video unexpectedly as the video is already paused and
the
> > button is a toggle button.
>
> No, this is not how I understand it. Since the video will be in a
> non-paused state, just a "paused for user interaction" state like
> described here:
> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/the-
> iframe-element.html#paused-for-user-interaction
> . Thus, if the user hits "pause", the video's state will change to
> "paused" and the video will not start playing. Also, if the user hits
> "play" again, I believe the video will also continue to stay in
> "paused for user interaction" state until the "pauseOnExit" flas is
> set to false. I am not sure about that latter part though.

Thank you, I missed your original discussion with Ian on the use of the
"paused for user interaction" state.
So, we need an additional small modification to the spec as it currently
says that cues with the pause-on-exit flag invoke the normal pause()
method?
I am unfamiliar with other expected usages of the pause-on-exit flag and
the "paused for user interaction" state, so I am not sure about whether
the flag can always lead to the state or not.

Regards,
Masatomo