Re: Two efforts to kill longdesc

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 19:26:45 -0500
To: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Cc: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Hi Benjamin,

> On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 5:39 PM, Laura Carlson
> <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If there is anything that can be done to obtain all task force
>> members' full support and to strengthen the proposal without
>> compromising the strong consensus that we have or core values of the
>> proposal, I would certainly like to hear it.
> FWIW, for the sake of producing a spec-ready diff, I still think we
> should draft an img plus @longdesc section for the alt guidance part
> of the spec.

Do you mean something in addition to or something different from what
we have in the Details section of the spec?

Note that the spec text for 4.8.1 The img element was revised [1] to
incorporate the majority of Silvia's input. Ben, your verbiage is
still online [2].

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

[1] http://www.d.umn.edu/~lcarlson/research/ld-spec-text3.html