Re: Two efforts to kill longdesc

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 19:26:45 -0500
To: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Cc: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Hi Benjamin,

> On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 5:39 PM, Laura Carlson
> <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If there is anything that can be done to obtain all task force
>> members' full support and to strengthen the proposal without
>> compromising the strong consensus that we have or core values of the
>> proposal, I would certainly like to hear it.
>
> FWIW, for the sake of producing a spec-ready diff, I still think we
> should draft an img plus @longdesc section for the alt guidance part
> of the spec.

Do you mean something in addition to or something different from what
we have in the Details section of the spec?
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/InstateLongdesc#Details

Note that the spec text for 4.8.1 The img element was revised [1] to
incorporate the majority of Silvia's input. Ben, your verbiage is
still online [2].

Thank you very much.

[1] http://www.d.umn.edu/~lcarlson/research/ld-spec-text3.html
[2] http://www.d.umn.edu/~lcarlson/research/ld-spec-text2.html