Re: Request input on the potential usefulness of HTML to Platform Accessibility APIs Implementation Guide

Hi Maciej thanks for the feedback

>For elements that do not have a natural ARIA role mapping, a guide on how
to map them to  native accessibility APIs is helpful. >We'd have to invent
our own cross-platform role name in such cases.

ARIA only provides a subset of the roles available in the various platform
APIs.
It is also intended that documenting where the gaps in roles are in platform
APIs can be used to consider specifying new roles in ARIA 1+

> The table as it stands seems awfully incomplete. It's hard to evaluate the
quality of the information until more of it is filled in.

It is.  But its complete compared to the attribute table...

 >We often apply heuristics to adapt inaccessible content, and firm rules
about how to map elements could go against that. So it >would be better if
any native API mapping requirements were suggestions or SHOULD-level
requirements instead of MUST-level.

It is my understanding that it is intended that the document will be
informative.

we are starting to look at what other information would be useful:
accessible name and description calculation from attributes and element
content is an area that I have started to work on.

with regards
Stevef

--
with regards