Re: Media TextFormats Accessibility Comparison Summary Released

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 10:25:57 +0100
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Cc: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Dear media a11y members of the a11y TF,

I think Henry has made a valid observation and we should clarify the
boxes that talk about xml.

Here's what I suggest changing on the wiki page:

For TTML change the box that contains:
"The XML root of TTML is seen as a problem by some implementers and authors."
"The XML root of TTML is seen as a problem by some implementers and
authors. In particular the use of the XSL-FO formatting model which is
not already implemented by browser engines poses a major issue."

For WebSRT/WebVTT change the box that contains:
""Is not XML.""
""Is not XML." In particular it reuses the CSS formatting model rather
than XML-based formatting models."

Regards,
Silvia.