W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > February 2011

Minutes HTML-A11Y Task Force on 03 February 2011

From: Ranon, Marco <Marco.Ranon@rnib.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 17:12:48 -0000
Message-ID: <7BE2C6E5157992408EEFEC13F3C47920011DBF01@jstmsx02.ads.rnib.org.uk>
To: "HTML Accessibility Task Force" <public-html-a11y@w3.org>

Minutes of the 03 February 2011 HTML-A11Y Task Force meeting are posted
to http://www.w3.org/2011/02/03-html-a11y-minutes.html and copied below.


03 Feb 2011


See also: IRC log <http://www.w3.org/2011/02/03-html-a11y-minutes.html>

    John_Foliot, Eric_Carlson, Michael_Cooper, Janina_Sajka,
Steve_Faulkner, paulc, Cynthia_Shelly, Marco_Ranon, Mike_Smith, kliehm,
Rich, [IPcaller]
    Laura_Carlson, Denis_Boudreau


    * Topics
         1. bug triage subteam report
         2. media subteam
         3. ARIA Mapping
    * Summary of Action Items

<trackbot> Date: 03 February 2011

<MikeSmith> agenda:
bug triage subteam report

<MikeSmith> scribe: Marco_Ranon

we checked bugs with need info and contribuited where possible or
ressigned to the reporters

in some cases we need the TF help

<MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9817

MS: we need to think of a case for making detail focusable

SF: there should be a way to provide a clickable label for the
disclosure widget


MS: this is an example of how it should work. is that clear in the
... who should follow up?


SF: RS and I disagrre on this. But I will follow up.

<MikeSmith> "The first container is expected to contain at least one
line box, and that line box is expected to contain a disclosure widget
(typically a triangle), horizontally positioned within the left padding
of the details element. That widget is expected to allow the user to
request that the details be shown or hidden."

SF: is it a priority?

MS: not actively implemented, to be checked

<MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10249

MS: Ian is expecting a proposal
... we should get an implementer to comment.
... who can we ask to?

SF: I'll ping RS to check if this is still relevant

<MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10249

RS: should I add more info? we can do it with a ARIA, but we don't have
the full solution

MS: please discuss this with the reevant people and in the meantime add
a comment to the bug.

<MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10252

MS: can we expect Gregory to pick up on this?

JF: i can ping gregory

<MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10713

MC: Everett is probably not going to follow up

MS: we asked Gez Lemon to folow up

MC: assign to GL to either close or provide more info


<MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10938

MC: do the TF want to take this up in relation to longdesc?

MS: one comment to add to the bug could be that we are looking at this
in relation with longdesc

MC: do we need to reassign it to Leif?

MS: Yes


<MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=11892

MS: new bug. not a priority for the TF probably
... I can send a message to the list to alert the WG

SF: do we know how to resolve this issue between ARIA and HTML specs?
... if we wait well need to rise a LC issue

MC: no changes in bugzilla yet
media subteam

<Stevef> miksmith: note behaviour in mac for disclosure widgets is only
the little triangle to take clicks

<Stevef> MikeSmith, so ability to label is important, also any control
needs to be labelable full stop

JF: we are looking into a new timestamp format used a lot but not in the
HTML5 radar

<Stevef> MikeSmith, and its not currently

JF: we need to deal with multi content (subtiteles, etc) which is live

<JF> +Q
ARIA Mapping

SF: we need to understand what needs to go into the specs
... the API doc is in progress by I need help
... i need input from implementors

MS: anyone in TF can help? how can we help?

<Stevef> i am being skype f*cked

<paulc> Leaving for HTML WG Weekly call.
Summary of Action Items
[End of minutes]
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2011/02/03 17:03:26 $ 

Marco Ranon
Principal Web Access Consultant

RNIB Access Consultancy Services
105 Judd Street

Telephone: 020 7391 2064
Mobile: 079 4383 9318
Fax: 020 7387 7109
Email: marco.ranon@rnib.org.uk
Web: www.rnib.org.uk/webaccesscentre

Get to grips with accessibility at one of our training courses, designed
for everyone from interested managers to designers and developers:

Why not follow us on Twitter? See us at

RNIB Access Consultancy Services aims to help create an inclusive
society through improved access for disabled people to physical
environments, signage, websites, information and products.


NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any attachments is 
confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the intended 
recipient you should not use, disclose, distribute or copy any of the 
content of it or of any attachment; you are requested to notify the 
sender immediately of your receipt of the email and then to delete it 
and any attachments from your system.

RNIB endeavours to ensure that emails and any attachments generated by
its staff are free from viruses or other contaminants.  However, it 
cannot accept any responsibility for any  such which are transmitted.
We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.

Please note that the statements and views expressed in this email and 
any attachments are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk

This message has been scanned for viruses by Websense Hosted Security - 
Received on Thursday, 3 February 2011 17:13:33 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 15:05:17 UTC