Re: request to re-open issue 133 due to submission of a change proposal.

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 18:28:31 -0500
To: John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>
CC: 'Steve Faulkner' <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, 'Paul Cotton' <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, 'Maciej Stachowiak' <mjs@apple.com>, 'Cynthia Shelly' <cyns@microsoft.com>, "'E.J. Zufelt'" <everett@zufelt.ca>, 'HTML Accessibility Task Force' <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, 'HTMLWG WG' <public-html@w3.org>
On 02/01/2011 06:16 PM, John Foliot wrote:

> So while I appreciate that there is a timeline that the Chairs are working
> towards enforcing, it does not remove the fact that this (like the
> <hgroup>  issue) needs to be worked out. If the Chairs feel that it is more
> productive to delay this conversation until some future date, well, I
> guess it is certainly within their purview to do so, but delay does not
> equal resolve and these issues won't just magically disappear.

Absolutely nobody has suggested otherwise.

Now a request: Steve is now pursuing this with W3C staff.  I would like
to request that this be the last post on the topic of reopening this
issue on this mailing list.  Of course, any discussion concerning moving
towards resolving the underlying issue itself by amicable consensus is
welcome while the meta discussion is pursued elsewhere.

> JF

- Sam Ruby