Re: Response to: ChangeProposals/DeprecateLongdesc

On 26/08/2011 07:58, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
[...]
> (I also think it is a problem that ARIA is too closely tied to dealing
> with accessibility APIs rather than being clearly meant to allow
> browsers to offer the benefits to people who aren't using tools attached
> to those APIs, but that's a question that takes a lot of time and effort
> to deal with, and I ahven't been able to dedicate it. I appreciate that
> James Craig has provided some work along those lines, along with others).

FWIW, I think Chaals has hit on a core problem (in terms of abstraction
implementation) - or it may be more simple to say we didn't see this
coming.. and more problems along these line may well materialise - the
lack of an a11y mapping for <figcaption> springs to mind.

Cheers

Josh