Re: Response to: ChangeProposals/DeprecateLongdesc

Silvia Pfeiffer, Tue, 23 Aug 2011 09:34:44 +1000:
> Actually, something that just dawned on me: we have to fix
> aria-describedby no matter whether it is a valid replacement for
> @longdesc. Since browser APIs all deal with @aria-describedby
> differently, it's obviously underspecified and for that reason not
> quite as useful as it could be. Is that being worked on? Should I
> provide input somewhere?

I only have a cliche answer: If you see a need and perhaps a solution,
then should file a bug ... It seems to me that a bug to specify how
@hidden interacts with ARIA would at least be good to file - against
HTMl5. Else, the are so many ARIA related specs ... so for the
interoperatbilitiy feature you have in ind mind, it perhaps requires
more thinking to find the right place to file the bug ...

For that matter: even a @longdesc could point to a @hidden section -
except that there would perhaps be no result ...

Leif H Silli