Track kinds

From: Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 13:52:05 -0700
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
All,

I updated the wiki page (http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Track_Kinds) based on our discussion yesterday. There are now three tables, the kinds in the current spec, the kinds that have been suggested and the subset that we have agreed should be added to the spec (currently just "captions").

If I understand rightly, the general idea is that we should provide precise, container-independent definitions for all the kinds we agree on in a W3C document other than the HTML specification and propose that the HTML specification just define the text labels to be used with HTML.

In parallel, various people will work on introducing the same kinds to various container specifications.

We decided to continue the discussion of which ones to propose should be added to the specification on the list. To that end the three that Sylvia suggested yesterday were:
- supplementary
- commentary
- clear audio

Comments ?