Re: Feedback on MediaController

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011, Eric Carlson wrote:

> >>  I think it will be confusing for developers that some tracks in a
> >> group can play while others do not. It seems more logical to me that
> >> the playback state of all elements in a group should be kept in sync.
> >
> > I've fixed the playing-when-nothing-is-playing problem, but I strongly
> > disagree that we should always have all the tracks enabled at once. It
> > would be a pain to unhook a media element to stop a track from playing
> > instead of just pausing it.
>
> I definitely didn't mean that we should require all tracks to be enabled
> at once, only that all enabled tracks in a group should play at the same
> time.

That's what I'm disagreeing with.

Say you have four <audio> elements, one for each dub, and a <video>
element. All five come from different media resources.

I think you should be able to have them all in the group, but only have
one <audio> playing at a time, ever though in each <audio> there is only
one audio track and it is enabled.