Re: [media] adding autoplay requirements to requirements doc

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 12:08:09 +0200, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 5:41 PM, Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
> wrote:

>> If it's a problem that media starts playing without user consent then
>> it's
>> not enough to disable autoplay, as there will certainly be sites that
>> use
>> scripts to start playing.
>
> Yes, we agreed on that, too. But we didn't see a way to catch the
> script-created autoplays in a simple and reliable way.

The browser inevitably has to know when a video should start playing. At
that point, one could simply not play until an asynchronous confirmation
has been given, similar to how pop-up blockers work.

--
Philip Jägenstedt
Core Developer