[media] adding autoplay requirements to requirements doc

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 11:44:33 +1000
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Hi all,

In today's media subgroup meeting we had a request to add some
explicit text about the need for AT control of autoplay functionality
on media elements to our requirements documents. This came up because
it was unclear to people that the introduction of an @autoplay
attribute is actually a good thing for accessibility, because it
exposes this functionality in markup and thus to UAs and AT, while
leaving it to script would not provide for AT needs.

We have thus decided to add this requirement to the requirements document.

I've added the following text to the system requirements section 4.1:

* '''(KA-6)''' Autoplay on media elements is a particularly difficult
issue to manage for vision-impaired users, since the mouse allows
other users to an auto-playing element on a page with a single
interaction. Therefore, autoplay state needs to be exposed to the
platform-level accessibility framework. The vision-impaired user must
be able to stop autoplay either generally on all media elements
through a setting, or for particular pages through a single keyboard
user interaction.

NOTE: This could be enabled through encouraging publishers to us
@autoplay, encouraging UAs to implement accessibility settings that
allow to turn off all autoplay, and encouraging AT to implement a
shortcut key to stop all autoplay on a Web page.

Feel free to edit
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_Accessibility_User_Requirements#Access_to_interactive_controls_.2F_menus
to adapt the wording.

Cheers,