Re: longdesc (was Re: minutes: HTML Accessibility Task Force Weekly Call 2011-03-31 [draft])

Hi Maciej,

Thank you very much for the info. I replied to Benjamin on public-html
per your advice.

I too encourage force member constructive discussion and collaboration
with the working group on public-html.  Working together is a very
good thing.

Best Regards,
Laura

On 4/5/11, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:

> On Apr 5, 2011, at 2:14 PM, Laura Carlson wrote:
>
>> Hi Steve and all,
>>
>> Thank you very much for your reply.
>>
>>> my understanding and thoughts:
>>>
>>> 1.the html task force seek to have an agreed position on longdesc in a
>>> short time frame
>>
>> That would be good.
>>
>> I think we will have until sometime in May before the Chairs call for
>> counter proposals. Sam, Paul or Maciej Is this correct? When is the
>> soonest that the Chairs will call for Issue 30 counter proposals?
>
> We will not call for counter-proposals until after Last Call, which would be
> late May at the earliest.  We are pleased with the constructive tenor of the
> conversation on public-html about this topic, and likely will not move to
> cut it off prematurely.
>
> Once we post the call for counter-proposals, then there is still time to
> revise the original Change Proposal.
>
> At the present time, I would recommend focus on discussion within the full
> WG rather than on locking down a finalized Change Proposal. That would
> increase the odds of addressing more objections, and gaining support for the
> pro-longdesc side of the issue beyond what was seen originally.

Best Regards,
Laura

--
Laura L. Carlson