W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > September 2010

Bug-Triage Sub-Team Teleconference Minutes, 28 September

From: Martin Kliehm <martin.kliehm@namics.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 09:07:59 +0200
Message-ID: <4CA2E5CF.1010101@namics.com>
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Minutes: http://www.w3.org/2010/09/28-a11y-bugs-minutes
Agenda: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2010Sep/0577.html
Logs:    http://www.w3.org/2010/09/28-a11y-bugs-irc

====

W3C HTML Accessibility Task Force Bug-Triage Sub-Team
28 September 2010

Attendees

Present
     Martin_Kliehm, Michael_Cooper, Marco_Ranon, Joshue_O'Connor
Chair
     Martin_Kliehm
Scribe
     Michael_Cooper

Contents

* Topics
   1. 1 October Deadline
   2. Review NEEDSINFO bugs (aka. previous homework)
   3. Homework
   4. Next meeting
* Summary of Action Items


<scribe> scribe: MichaelC

-> http://www.w3.org/2010/09/21-a11y-bugs-minutes Minutes of 21 
September 2010 meeting

-> http://www.w3.org/2010/09/14-a11y-bugs-minutes Minutes of 14 
September 2010 meeting


TOPIC: 1 October Deadline

mk: Would like to read through spec to see if there are bugs to file 
before 1 Oct

<Joshue> ok, how do I dial in?

<Marco_Ranon> i'm calling zakim usa using skype

mc: think it's a good idea but don't see time to do it myself

mk: it's slightly out of scope of the bug triage team

joc: don't see time to troll spec for new bugs, but can respond to 
existing ones

mr: +1

mk: yes, also difficult for me

we need to consider the February deadline more than the October one


TOPIC: Review NEEDSINFO bugs (aka. previous homework)

<Joshue> Bug 8740 - How do pseudo-class selectors interact with WAI-ARIA?

<Joshue> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8740

== 8715 ==

http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8715

Josh filed bug

Marco recommends Josh provide additional info

<scribe> ACTION: Josh to provide further information in bug 8715 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/28-a11y-bugs-minutes.html#action01]

<kliehm> == 8722 ==

<kliehm> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8722

perhaps should be related to other canvas bugs (has keyword but not 
dependencies)

<Joshue> There don't seem to be any a11y_canvas bugs?

<Marco_Ranon> 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Sep/0225.html

<Joshue> Sample search for canvas 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=canvas

Bugzilla errors preventing us from finding the set of bugs tagged 
a11y_canvas

<kliehm> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?keywords=a11y_canvas

<Joshue> We may not want to say that focus behaviour should the same for 
all canvas regions as for elements.? There may be some elements where we 
don't want this behaviour, and the spec may not need to explicitly state 
this. We need to understand dependencies between 10249 and 10248.

8722 is superceded by 10249 and 10248

<kliehm> == 8622 ==

<kliehm> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8622

<Joshue> ACTION, Josh to ping Cyns and Gez on Bug 8622 - Activation 
behaviour and pre-click activation

<scribe> ACTION: Josh to ping Cyns and Gez on Bug 8622 - Activation 
behaviour and pre-click activation [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2010/09/28-a11y-bugs-minutes.html#action02]

<kliehm> == 8645 ==

<kliehm> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8645

http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?keywords=a11y_text-alt

<scribe> ACTION: Martin to review if bug 8645 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8645 is addressed by other 
bugs at http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?keywords=a11y_text-alt 
and if so list the dependencies and mark it as verified [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2010/09/28-a11y-bugs-minutes.html#action03]

<kliehm> == 8740 ==

<kliehm> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8740

<Joshue> The suggestion from HSivonen and Hixie is that ARIA should 
/not/ effect

<scribe> ACTION: Gez to ask PFWG about bug 8740, it needs to be 
addressed as an ARIA question (in coordination with CSS WG, perhaps at 
TPAC) and then cycled back to this bug [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2010/09/28-a11y-bugs-minutes.html#action04]

<kliehm> == 8885 ==

<kliehm> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8885

<Joshue> II am also at a loss as to what to do here, is this the same as

Discussed fallback content 31 August 2010 
http://www.w3.org/2010/08/31-a11y-bugs-minutes.html

<scribe> ACTION: Michael to prepare description of problem and basic 
proposed solution for bug 8885 - run first past bug triage team and then 
take to TF for consideration [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2010/09/28-a11y-bugs-minutes.html#action05]

Note, HTML chairs have indicated that new bugs that are refinements of 
existing bugs are likely to be accepted after the 1 October deadline, 
though the "bar" for acceptance gets higher as time goes on

<kliehm> 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?keywords=a11ytf&bug_status=RESOLVED&resolution=NEEDSINFO

<kliehm> 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?keywords=a11ytf&bug_status=RESOLVED&resolution=INVALID

<kliehm> 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?keywords=a11y&chfieldfrom=-2w&chfieldto=Now&chfield=[Bug+creation]

http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?keywords=a11y&chfieldfrom=-3w&chfieldto=Now&chfield=[Bug+creation]
Homework

Josh to review whether the following bugs should be should TF 
priorities: 10591, 10592, 10593, 10594, 10596, 10600, 10603, 10604

Martin to review whether the following bugs should be TF priorities: 
10605, 10606, 10614, 10618, 10642, 10645, 10649, 10657

Michael to review whether the following bugs should be TF priorities: 
10660, 10661, 10708, 10709, 10710, 10712, 10713, 10772

Unassigned new bugs we'll need to come back to: 10774, 10775, 10776, 
10777, 10778, 10779, 10780, 10781, 10782, 10783, 10784

Michael to review 8171

Martin to review 9774

Josh to review 8753


Next meeting

regrets from Marco, so not taking homework this week

Next meeting Tuesday 5 October 15:00 UTC


Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Gez to ask PFWG about bug 8740, it needs to be addressed 
as an ARIA question (in coordination with CSS WG, perhaps at TPAC) and 
then cycled back to this bug [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2010/09/28-a11y-bugs-minutes.html#action04]

[NEW] ACTION: Josh to ping Cyns and Gez on Bug 8622 - Activation 
behaviour and pre-click activation [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2010/09/28-a11y-bugs-minutes.html#action02]

[NEW] ACTION: Josh to provide further information in bug 8715 [recorded 
in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/28-a11y-bugs-minutes.html#action01]

[NEW] ACTION: Martin to review if bug 8645 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8645 is addressed by other 
bugs at http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?keywords=a11y_text-alt 
and if so list the dependencies and mark it as verified [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2010/09/28-a11y-bugs-minutes.html#action03]

[NEW] ACTION: Michael to prepare description of problem and basic 
proposed solution for bug 8885 - run first past bug triage team and then 
take to TF for consideration [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2010/09/28-a11y-bugs-minutes.html#action05]

[End of minutes]
Received on Wednesday, 29 September 2010 07:08:29 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 15:05:14 UTC