Re: Requesting Spec Text Additions

From: Eric Carlson <eric.carlson@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 08:25:55 -0700
Cc: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
To: Martin Kliehm <martin.kliehm@namics.com>

On Sep 24, 2010, at 8:14 AM, Martin Kliehm wrote:

> On 24.09.2010 17:04, Eric Carlson wrote:
>> We aren't asking to have the editor "choose a solution". The WhatWG spec has the solution we believe is likely to be supported by browser vendors and benefit users. Have you read the spec section we are talking about?
>
> If you're convinced that the editor will adopt the WHAT WG proposal without changes and if the Media sub-team supports those proposals I'm fine.

  We *want* the editor to make some changes to the WhatWG text. If we aren't happy with the text that lands in the W3C spec, there is a mechanism to register complaints and request further changes.

  This spec a collaborative effort. It can't possibly succeed without the cooperation of everyone involved, whether we agree on every issue or not, so I try not to assign nefarious motives to anyone.

eric