Media Canvas; Access Control--Proposal on Device Independent Controls

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 02:34:17 -0400
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
I have suggested the Media Subteam consider the proposal noted below.
However, I believe this proposal should also be looked at closely by
those of us working on Canvas accessibility and by those working on
AccessKey and Access Control for HTML 5.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/wai-xtech/2010Aug/att-0079/U serInterfaceIndependence.html

Regarding applicability to media, were controls as described in this
proposal generally available via HTML 5, it seems we'd have a ready way
to map the kind of controls we contemplate in Section 3 of our Media
Accessibility User Requirements.

--

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200
		sip:janina@asterisk.rednote.net