Re: Proof of growth of acceptance/implementation - longdesc

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:57:35 -0500
To: John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Hello everyone,

John wrote:
> I submit the following: http://wordpress.mfields.org/2010/how-to-enable-longdesc-attributes-on-images-in-wordpress/

Thanks. John. Michael Fields' longdesc Wordpress plugin (zip file) can
be can be downloaded from:
http://download.mfields.org/longdesc-1.0.zip

I added a  tools section [1] to the longdesc study [2] yesterday and
included Michael's plugin.

Quite a few new long description examples in the wild have recently
been collected [3]. These examples are new information that were not
presented prior to the decision to drop longdesc from HTML5.

Sam, Paul and Maciej, what more do we need to gather or what else do
we need to do for the Chairs to reconsider your decision for Issue 30?
Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

[1] http://www.d.umn.edu/~lcarlson/research/ld.html#tools
[2] http://www.d.umn.edu/~lcarlson/research/ld.html
[3] http://www.d.umn.edu/~lcarlson/research/ld.html#wild