Re: use of aria-hidden to provide a text description not visible on the page.

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 00:23:17 +0200
To: Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Cc: W3C WAI-XTECH <wai-xtech@w3.org>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Steven Faulkner, Fri, 10 Sep 2010 20:09:49 +0100:

> so are you saying it shouldn't do what it does?

I said so.

  [...]
> also I got the idea from James Craig's email that my interpretation
> was confirmed.
>
> "That's correct. The label of visible elements should still be
> exposed to accessibility APIs (as a computed string), even if the
> labeling element (that contained all or some of that string) is
> hidden."

Hm. Yes, both style="display:none" as well as aria-hidden="true"
ignored in that context. The tricky thing to get was not that it would
override display:none, but that it would also override
aria-hidden="true" ...
--
leif halvard silli