Re: HTML Accessibility Task Force Minutes for 2 September 2010

From: Michael(tm) Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 11:31:35 +0900
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Regarding the http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/LongdescRetention
page and the following statement in the minutes:

> ...collect information and someone else deleted the content
> from the page,

I want to state for the record that I don't think that statement
is entirely accurate, and point out that if anybody wants to see
the full history of edits to the page for themselves, it's here:

  http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/index.php?title=LongdescRetention&limit=140&action=history

In particular, note that the "Undo revision" edits are all
instances of a previous change to the page being completely
reverted -- without comment -- by a subsequent edit.

But all that said, I want to note finally that I have discussed
the situation with the HTML WG chairs, and agreed with them on a
resolution, which I've now communicated directly to the two HTML
WG members who had been involved in the particular editing
exchange that was under discussion on the telcon.

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith
http://people.w3.org/mike