block element inside a(link) element

From: Aurélien Levy <aurelien.levy@free.fr>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 22:24:23 +0200
To: "public-html-a11y@w3.org" <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Hi,

The html5 specs change the specification on authorised elements inside
the a element.
Now I can have full div with ul p table etc inside an a element.
The spec says :

-----

the |a
<http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/text-level-semantics.html#the-a-element>|
element may be wrapped around entire paragraphs, lists, tables, and so
forth, even entire sections, so long as there is no interactive content
within (e.g. buttons or other links). This example shows how this can be
used to make an entire advertising block into a link:

<aside class="advertising">
  <h1>Advertising</h1>
   <section>
    <h1>Mellblomatic 9000!</h1>
   </section>
  </a>
   <section>
    <h1>The Mellblom Browser</h1>
   </section>
  </a>
</aside>

-----

I'm bit concerned about that because if screenreader keep there current
functioning it will read the whole content each time user access to the
link. The list of links panel will become unusable and there is a
massive risk of cognitive overload

Aurélien Levy
----
Temesis