W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > October 2010

minutes: HTML Accessibility Task Force Telecon 2010-10-21 [draft]

From: Gregory J. Rosmaita <oedipus@hicom.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 16:50:52 +0100
To: public-html-a11y@w3.org
Message-Id: <20101021154914.M78784@hicom.net>
aloha!

thanks to marco ranon for scribing at the 21 October 2010 telecon,
minutes of which are available as hypertext at:

http://www.w3.org/2010/10/21-html-a11y-minutes.html

as an IRC log at:

http://www.w3.org/2010/10/21-html-a11y-irc

and as plain text following this announcement -- as usual, please log
any corrections, clarifications, mis-attributions, omissions and the
like by repllying-to this announcement on-list

URGENT REMINDER! SPREAD THE WORD! 2 CRITICAL HTML WG POLLS CLOSE TODAY!

HTML5 Survey 1: 
ISSUE-74: canvas-accessibility and ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap - Straw Poll 
for Objections
* http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/74
* http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/105
* http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issues-74-and-105-objection-poll/
* http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issues-74-and-105-objection-poll/results

HTML5 Survey 2: 
ISSUE-32: how to provide a summary of a table, e.g. for unsighted 
navigation? - Straw Poll for Objections
Change Proposals for ISSUE-32:
* http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Summary_Change_Proposal_Nov_18%2C_2009
* http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/SummaryAttribute20100222
* http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jul/0052.html
SURVEY FOR ISSUE-32:
* http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-32-objection-poll/
* http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-32-objection-poll/results

note, too, there is a third HTML5 Survey on ISSUE 89: Remove Section 4.13 
Common Idioms without dedicated Elements - Straw Poll for Objections
* http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/89
* http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-89-objection-poll/
* http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-89-objection-poll/results

    _________________________________________________________

                             - DRAFT -

                         HTML-A11Y telecon

21 Oct 2010

Agenda
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2010Oct/0546.html

  See also: IRC log - http://www.w3.org/2010/10/21-html-a11y-irc

Attendees

  Present
         John_Foliot, Janina, Gregory_Rosmaita, Eric_Carlson,
         Michael_Cooper, Everett_Zufelt, jongund, kliehm, Marco_Ranon,
         Cynthia_Shelly, Mike

  Regrets
         Laura_Carlson, Joshue_O'Connor, Sylvia_Pfieffer,
         Denis_Boudreau, Kenny_Johar

  Chair
         Mike

  Scribe
         Marco_Ranon

Contents

    * Topics
        1. Actions Review
           http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/open
        2. clarify proper handling of ARIA issues vs. ARIA-in-HTML
           mapping
        3. Subteam Reports: Bug Triage; Media; Canvas; ARIA
           Mappings
        4. next meetings, confirm date/time, choose scribe
        5. New Business
    * Summary of Action Items
    _________________________________________________________

  <MikeSmith> janina, judy - OK, I have it reverted now

  <janina> agenda: this

  ok

  no worries

  <oedipus> scribe: Marco_Ranon

  <oedipus> scribenick: Marco_Ranon

Actions Review http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/open

  MC: all action are complete

clarify proper handling of ARIA issues vs. ARIA-in-HTML mapping

  JS: deadline for ARIA. not strictly HTML matter but there is the
  mapping to HTML5
  ... if anybody want to raise questions, bear in mind that the
  mapping is a separate process
  ... if somebody is looking at ARIA, be aware that there is a
  deadline coming in a week time

  MS: did we decide what process should be followed?

  <MichaelC> ARIA comment instructions
  http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/comments/instructions

  <oedipus> public-pfwg-comments@w3.org

  <oedipus>
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg-comments

  MS: for clarity, comments about ARIA specs for semantic, etc, go to
  the PF, using the form (currently down)
  ... issues related to use of ARIA attributes in HTML, should go
  through the HTML bug reporting procedure

  <oedipus> HTML WG bugzilla entry form:
  http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/enter_bug.cgi?product=HTML%20WG

  <kliehm> List of HTML5 ARIA bugs:
  http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=HTML+WG&keywords=aria

Subteam Reports: Bug Triage; Media; Canvas; ARIA Mappings

  <oedipus> minutes of 2010-10-19 bug triage team meeting:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2010Oct/0519.html

  MK: Bug Triage, we checked a number of bugs adding the a11ytf
  keyword
  ... at TPAC we should decide what to do next and how to proceed next

  I'll be there

  <oedipus> GJR will be there virtually

  MR, MK, MC will be at TPAC

  JF: Media, met yesterday after three weeks

  <oedipus> media sub-team telecon minutes from 20 October 2010:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2010Oct/0539.html

  JF: concern about integration of media text in HTML specs

  <oedipus> media: spec text additions update from janina:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2010Oct/0524.html

  JS: we need to file bugs regarding reference to WebSRT
  ... we are looking at timestamp format and multiple tracks

  JF: WebSRT is currently into the draft so we can file bugs

  <oedipus>
  http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/rendering.html#timed-tracks-0

  <oedipus>
  http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/rendering.html#websrt-cue-text-rendering-rules

  MS: Canvas, skip because Richard is not on

  <oedipus>
 
http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/rendering.html#applying-css-properties-to-websrt-node-objects

  MS: ARIA mapping, already discussed, nothing to add

  <JF>
  http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issues-74-and-105-objection-poll/

  <oedipus>
 
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issues-74-and-105-objection-poll/results

  JF: poll for canvas expires today

  <oedipus> table summary poll:
  http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-32-objection-poll/
  closes today

  <oedipus> table summary poll:
  http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-32-objection-poll/results

  MS: not many responses
  ... anybody that hasn't responded yet, please take your time to
  respond to the poll if you have anything you want to say about
  canvas

  <oedipus> frankoliver, could you please review and respond to
  http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issues-74-and-105-objection-poll/

  <frankolivier> will do

  <oedipus> thanks

  CS: please ask directly to who could be interested to answer, to do
  so

next meetings, confirm date/time, choose scribe

  MS: both canvas and table summary
  ... meeitng next wekk?

  <oedipus> MikeSmith, when is the publishing TPAC moritorium in
  effect?

  <MikeSmith> oedipus, can't remember for sure

  <MikeSmith> will check right now

  JS: we should meet, even if we are close to TPAC

  JF: would like to participate virtually.

  MS: we can discuss it formally next week

  AOB

  CS: call for help for mapping work

New Business

  JF: what kind of help

  CS: HTML: check the document and make suggestions
  ... ARIA mapping: go through issues raised on the document

  CS to send links to documents

Summary of Action Items

  [End of minutes]
    _________________________________________________________

 
Received on Thursday, 21 October 2010 15:51:24 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Friday, 27 April 2012 04:42:22 GMT