Media Matrix Issue: TVD shouldn't list audio

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 17:19:38 -0400
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Audio shouldn't be listed under any of the items relating to TVD:

http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Media_Accessibility_Checklist#tvd

Our obligation is to pass data to the user's specialized AT, and establish a method for media control
that user AT can hook into. We have no requirement to self-voice texted
video descriptions, anymore than we have a requirement for browser to
create braille on refreshable braille displays.

We should discuss whether this principle also applies to large-print. I
suspect it's fuzzier in this regard. We want browser to have some
control of fonts and view ports. However, the more extreme enlargement
is probably also a matter for user AT like ZoomText.

Janina

--

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200
		sip:janina@asterisk.rednote.net