W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > October 2010

Minutes: HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference, 2010-10-14 [draft]

From: E.J. Zufelt <everett@zufelt.ca>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 12:22:46 -0400
Message-Id: <5A0047AD-0070-4A1D-997D-C4E53639BBEE@zufelt.ca>
To: public-html-a11y@w3.org
Reproduced from: http://www.w3.org/2010/10/14-html-a11y-minutes.html

Please report errors or omissions by replying to this message.

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

             HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

14 Oct 2010

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2010Oct/0480.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/10/14-html-a11y-irc

Attendees

   Present
          MikeSmith, Janina_Sajka, Gregory_Rosmaita, Everett_Zufelt,
          MichaelC, Eric_Carlson, Marco_Ranon, Cynthia_Shelly

   Regrets
          Laura_Carlson, Kenny_Johar, Joshue_O'Connor, Sylvia_Pfeiffer

   Chair
          Mike

   Scribe
          Everett_Zufelt

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Identify Scribe
            http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scribe_L
            ist
         2. [6]be done
         3. [7]HTML WG Surveys
         4. [8]Sub-Team Reports
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 14 October 2010

   <janina> Meeting: HTML-A11Y telecon

   <janina> agenda: this

Identify Scribe
[10]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scribe_List

     [10] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scribe_List

   <oedipus> GJR now muted

   <oedipus> scribenick: ezufelt

   <oedipus> scribe: Everett_Zufelt

   <janina> Chair: Janina_Sajka

   <oedipus> action-66?

   <trackbot> ACTION-66 -- Michael Cooper to prepare description of
   problem and basic proposed solution for bug 8885 - run first past
   bug triage team and then take to TF for consideration [recorded in
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/28-a11y-bugs-minutes.html#action05] --
   due 2010-10-12 -- OPEN

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2010/09/28-a11y-bugs-minutes.html#action05

   <trackbot> [12]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/66

     [12] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/66

   <oedipus> [13]https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8885

     [13] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8885

   <oedipus> zakim take up agendum 3

be done

HTML WG Surveys

   <oedipus> HTML5 Survey 1 - ISSUE-74: canvas-accessibility and
   ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap - Straw Poll for Objections
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issues-74-and-105-objection-
   poll/

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issues-74-and-105-objection-poll/

   <oedipus> [15]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/74

     [15] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/74

   <oedipus> [16]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/105

     [16] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/105

   <oedipus> HTML5 Survey 2: ISSUE-32: how to provide a summary of a
   table, e.g. for unsighted navigation? - Straw Poll for Objections
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-32-objection-poll/

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-32-objection-poll/

   <oedipus>
   [18]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Summary_Change_Proposal_Nov_1
   8%2C_2009

     [18] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Summary_Change_Proposal_Nov_18%2C_2009

   <oedipus>
   [19]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/SummaryAttribute2
   0100222

     [19] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/SummaryAttribute20100222

   <oedipus>
   [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jul/0052.htm
   l

     [20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jul/0052.html

   \aGR: Summary as an element that is not displayed by defaut, but can
   take structured text and language markup.

   <oedipus>
   [21]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/summary_element

     [21] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/summary_element

   <oedipus> which was also filed as HTML Bug 10784 - change summary
   from an attribute to an element
   ([22]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10784)

     [22] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10784)

   <inserted> scribenick: oedipus

Sub-Team Reports

   EZ: working with gez - filed bug about droppable attribute -- added
   tracker request - to do is open an issue for it - hixie wanted more
   specific info about where lang of spec should be changed so not
   referencing only mouse actions
   ... glad to have help on this
   ... only 2 bugs that needed to be filed

   JS: correct - seem to be on top of that
   ... time left for change proposals

   <inserted> scribenick: ezufelt

   CS: Steve filed issue related to bug which holds sub bugs related
   ARIA mappings.
   ... Canvas survey missing question about focus rectangle and caret.

   JS: We intended to defer this question.

   CS: It seems we have the counter proposal and not the original
   proposal.

   MC: Triage team going through bugs marked needs info or won't fix.
   ... Identifying bugs that need to be taken to task force.

   <oedipus>
   [23]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Access/HTML5_Accesskey_Bugs

     [23] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Access/HTML5_Accesskey_Bugs

   MC: Getting ready to bring some bugs up to the task force.

   <MikeSmith> [24]Bug Triage sub-group 2010-12 minutes

     [24] http://www.w3.org/2010/10/12-a11y-bugs-minutes.html

   MC: Assigning some bugs to facilitators of sub groups to make sure
   they are properly addressed.

   <Marco_Ranon> i agree

   <Marco_Ranon> nothing to add

   <oedipus> HTML5 Survey 1 - ISSUE-74: canvas-accessibility and
   ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap - Straw Poll for Objections
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issues-74-and-105-objection-
   poll/

     [25] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issues-74-and-105-objection-poll/

   <oedipus> [26]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/74

     [26] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/74

   <oedipus> [27]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/105

     [27] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/105

   CS: Will start a private mail thread to figure out decision on
   survey question related to canvas focus / rectangle.

   JS: Media teleconferences have not been happening past two weeks.
   Some sub team members participated in open subtitles in NY a couple
   of weeks ago.
   ... Addition to media user requirements, ancilary content:
   explaining the kinds of things you want to hear inline, skip, or
   navigate to.
   ... Analogous to footnotes or other interuptive content.

   <Marco_Ranon> bye

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [28]scribe.perl version 1.135
    ([29]CVS log)
    $Date: 2010/10/14 15:48:15 $
     _________________________________________________________

     [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20
Check for newer version at [30]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

     [30] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: i/TOPIC: Sub-Team Reports/scribenick: oedipus
Succeeded: i/CS: Steve filed issue/scribenick: ezufelt
Succeeded: s/GS:/JS:/G
WARNING: No scribe lines found matching ScribeNick pattern: <Everett_Zu
felt> ...
Found ScribeNick: ezufelt
Found Scribe: Everett_Zufelt
Found ScribeNick: oedipus
Found ScribeNick: ezufelt
ScribeNicks: ezufelt, oedipus
Default Present: Janina_Sajka, Gregory_Rosmaita, Everet_Zufelt, Michael
C, +1.408.823.aaaa, Eric_Carlson, +44.207.391.aabb, Marco_Ranon, Cynthi
a_Shelly
Present: MikeSmith Janina_Sajka Gregory_Rosmaita Everett_Zufelt Michael
C Eric_Carlson Marco_Ranon Cynthia_Shelly
Regrets: Laura_Carlson Kenny_Johar Joshue_O'Connor Sylvia_Pfeiffer
Agenda: [31]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2010Oc
t/0480.html
Found Date: 14 Oct 2010
Guessing minutes URL: [32]http://www.w3.org/2010/10/14-html-a11y-minute
s.html
People with action items:

     [31] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2010Oct/0480.html
     [32] http://www.w3.org/2010/10/14-html-a11y-minutes.html

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


   End of [33]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [33] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Thursday, 14 October 2010 16:23:24 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Friday, 27 April 2012 04:42:22 GMT