Agenda: HTML-A11Y Media Subteam on 17 November at 21:00Z for 210 Minutes

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 05:08:26 -0500
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
IMPORTANT:	This is a special Media Subteam meeting beginning TWO
HOURS EARLIER than usual. As we have recently concluded late-year
planetary time shifts, please use the following URI to ascertain the
correct start time of this special meeting.

* Time of day conversions

You can check for the correct time of this meeting in your time zone
using the Fixed Time Clock at:

** preliminary agenda for HTML-A11Y Media Subteam Telecon 17 November 2010, 21:00Z (for 210 minutes)

Meeting: HTML-A11Y telecon
Chair:	John_Foliot
agenda: this
agenda+	Identify Scribe
agenda+ Actions Review http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/open
agenda+	Candidate Formats Review: WebSRT; TTML
agenda+	Other Business?
agenda+ next meeting; Should we shift our start time?
agenda+ be done

** Resource: Previous Teleconference Minutes
Media Subteam:	http://www.w3.org/2010/11/10-html-a11y-minutes.html
Media at TPAC:	http://www.w3.org/2010/11/02-html-a11y-minutes.html
See also:	http://www.w3.org/2010/11/04-html-wg-minutes.html#item10

** Resource: Key Task Force URIs
Task Force Wiki:	http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Main_Page
User Requirements: http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_Accessibility_Requirements
Technical Dependencies: http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Media_Accessibility_Checklist
Consensus Procedures:	http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/consensus-procedures
Work Statement:		http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/html-task-force.html

** conference infrastructure access information a.k.a. dial-in  instructions

Reference: http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar.html#s_273

2010-11-17, 21:00Z (for 210 minutes)
Dial the Zakim bridge at one of the following three telephone numbers:
+1.617.761.6200 (This is a U.S. number).
+ (This is a French number)
+44.203.318.0479 (This is a UK number)
You should be prompted for a pass code,
this is

IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #html-a11y.

During the conference you can manage your participation with Zakim
commands as follows:
   61# to mute yourself
   60# to unMute yourself
   41# to raise your hand (enter speaking queue)
   40# to lower your hand (exit speaking queue)

The system acknowledges these commands with a rapid, three-tone
confirmation.  Mobile phone users especially should use the mute
if they don't have a mute function in their phone.  But the hand-raising
function is a good idea for anyone not using IRC.

* IRC access

     There will also be an IRC channel available. The server is
     the port number is 6665 (note this is not the normal default) and
the channel is #html-a11y.

* Gregory Rosmaita's scribing and participation tips

For more on the IRC setup and the robots we use for agenda and speaker
queuing and for posting the log to the web, see:

- for RRSAgent, that captures and posts the log with special attention
to action items:

- for Zakim, the IRC interface to the bridge manager, that will
maintain speaker and agenda queues:

- for a Web gateway to IRC you can use if your network administrators
forbid IRC, see:

- for more on W3C use of IRC see:

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.202.595.7777;

Linux Foundation		http://a11y.org