Re: UAAG 2.0 guidelines for video

Eric Carlson writes:

> On May 4, 2010, at 8:47 PM, Philip Jägenstedt wrote:
> > Unless the browser has some way of knowing that the audio is speech, the only thing one can do is apply pitch correction for all audio. I know some version of WebKit does something like this, and would support a DOM attribute to give authors explicit control over it.
> >
>   Indeed WebKit does pitch correction by default. We have an experimental DOM attribute, webkitPreservesPitch, that allows a script to turn it off [1].

Actually, a musician would have solid reasons to slow down audio
playback while preserving pitch. I don't see any particular reason why
we should be concerned whether audio is speech or something else. After
all, the user that doesn't want to modify the time-scale simply won't
bother--so no harm.

Of course a musician who wants to work with moded audio is likely to get
the highest quality tool available, which may well not be the browser.

Janina