(unknown charset) Re: CAPTCHA alternatives/pitfalls

From: (unknown charset) Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 02:59:36 +0100
To: (unknown charset) "Gregory J. Rosmaita" <oedipus@hicom.net>
Cc: (unknown charset) Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>, John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>, public-html-a11y@w3.org
Gregory J. Rosmaita, Fri, 19 Mar 2010 01:43:43 +0000:
> so, is it no longer politically incorrect to say that english is the
> lingua franca of the web / web based technologies? (wink)

I of course can't stand the way ASCII is favoured in UTF8. (wink)

> i think that JohnF hit the nail on the head when he pointed out the
> advantages of universal password solutions such as those that allow
> you to verify yourself by logging into a service such as twitter or
> facebook or by using OpenID type solutions, if not OpenID itself...

Sure! But if you have a bad hair day, you may not feel like becoming a
member of Facebook just to post a comment in a blog ...

> the alternative to CAPTCHA type challanges is verification of humaness
> which transpires under-the-hood, in the background, after an initial
> challange (such as a specific userID and password combination)

Handshaking. ;-) Like my fax used to do ...
--
leif halvard silli