Re: change proposal - Provide a method for canvas subtree to be hidden from all users

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 21:39:58 +1100
To: Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Cc: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>
This is an excellent document and has indeed answered many of the
questions that I still had.

If I understand the use for the new attribute now correctly, it is a
replacement for requiring a web author to write javascript to remove
the content inside the <canvas> element in the case that the content
is not accessibility content, but rather only legacy browser fallback
content. That actually makes sense to me, in particular for
convenience purposes.

Best Regards,
Silvia.