Re: resolution supporting navsubstree change proposal

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 09:16:45 +0100, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
wrote:

> I'd still like an answer to my question about the earlier version of
> this proposal (where it was called "adom"):
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2010Feb/0507.html
>
> I asked this on Feb 23, and I never got a response, nor do I recall this
> question being answered in the course of the discussions at that time.

I don't see any rationale for making it mandatory, since there is no
reason to suppose a priori that what makes a given canvas element
accessible is the content of the element - it may very well be done
outside the element content, while the internal content is used to provide
fallback for user agents that don't support canvas (and users who have
turned it off).

(The fact that both the current spec draft and the navsubtree proposal
confuse these two uses of the element content, sometimes requiring that a
conscientious author build a second version of the element content in
javascript when that doesn't seem necessary, is the basis of why I don't
like them).

cheers

Chaals