Re: resolution supporting navsubstree change proposal

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 08:54:28 +0100
To: "HTML Accessibility Task Force" <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 05:32:44 +0100, Michael(tm) Smith <mike@w3.org> wrote:

> During last Thursday's a11y task-force telcon, we made the
> following resolution and agreed to announce it on this mailing
> list and to give an opportunity to any members of the task force
> who not on the telcon to express any disagreements they might have
> with the resolution.
>
>   RESOLUTION: The a11y TF resolves that the canvas navsubtree
>   proposal is ready for wider review by the HTML WG, with the
>   understanding that the a11y TF supports it and that related
>   proposals needed to fully resolve the issue are still under
>   discussion and will be brought to the HTML WG later.
>
> If you have any comments on that resolution, please send them by
> e-mail to this list prior to the a11y task-force telcon this
> Thursday.

It is possible I will object to the resolution. I do not support
navsubtree (or any other approach that requires making the entire content
of the canvas element navigable), and will spend the next day thinking
about whether this means I actively object or just think it isn't a very
good idea.

cheers

Chaals