Re: Survey ready on Media Text Associations proposal

The User Agent Accessibility Guidelines (just released UAAG 2.0 Public
Working Draft [1]), has specific recommendations for time-based media
preferences and controls.

For example:

4.9.8 Track Enable/Disable of Time-Based Media. During time-based
media playback, the user can determine which tracks are available and
select or deselect tracks. These selections may override global
default settings for captions, audio descriptions, etc. (Level A)

There are a number guidelines which deal with audio/video/multi-track,
and one of my action items is to get some synchronization between the
HTML5 developments and UAAG.  I'll aim to pull together the relevant
UAAG guidelines in the next week and post to the list.

mark

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/UAAG20/