Re: Survey ready on Media Text Associations proposal

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 07:46:01 +0800, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:

> + clarify that an "enabled" attribute in the markup expresses the
> intention of the page author to have this track activated. The UA may
> overrule this intent where it has extra knowledge about user
> preferences, e.g. for selecting a more appropriate alternative out of
> a trackgroup.

> + update the selection algorithm for the trackgroup at
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_TextAssociations#Resource_selection_algorithm
> to basically signify:
>
> For each track in a trackgroup
>  - the UA can decide to set the enabled attribute based on 'lang'
> and/or 'media' attributes on track elements.
>  - If there exists tracks with the enabled attribute:
>       Select the first such track.
>     Else:
>       Do not use any of the tracks

Is the intention that we specify a track selection algorithm with exact
rules for which track to enable based on settings, or should this be left
to UAs to override ad-hoc?

--
Philip Jägenstedt
Core Developer