(unknown charset) A11Y tests in summary comparison table

From: (unknown charset) Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 18:43:06 +0100
To: (unknown charset) "public-html-a11y@w3.org" <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
For users and testers of non-visual media on this list, I wanted to
mention that my comparison table has these accessibility
features/issues:

a) a summary attribute (with content)
b) axis attribute on all data cells
c) a 'table info section' inside the caption. (Not my proposed
tableinfo element - merely a span element with a CSS list
(display:list-item) inside.)

The axis attribute is meant as replacement for the simple color codes
used in the table - would be interesting to know if it is supported
e.g. in Jaws? Of course, axis is currently not supported in HTML5.

The 'table info section' is meant as a unpretentious test of whether
having such info inside <caption> (which HTML5 permits) helps or hurts
(or neither).

Link:
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/comparsionSummarySolutions

Best regards