A cautionary note from your facilitators

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 11:00:02 -0500
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
As noted during our last teleconference on 4 March, your Facilitators are
concerned by several instances of communications we've seen which to us appear
to stray away from a solutions focus and into personal attacks on others.
We certainly understand that the issues we grapple with in our Task Force can
elicit strong emotions for us all. That just indicates how deeply we care.
That's a good thing.

However, it's unhelpful to give in to our occasional frustrations and
characterize the motives, qualifications, or intentions of others in our Task
Force, or of the TF itself. Communications of such a character, whether in W3C
space or elsewhere on the Internet, simply cannot be tolerated. They only serve
to impede the work we need to accomplish--already sufficiently challenging
without the additional burden of emotional outbursts.

We wish to remind everyone that it is of paramount importance to keep our
communications focused on technology and on solutions. We hold each of us
individually responsible on this point, as indeed we announced at our very
first teleconference last year.

Janina and Mike