Re: Closing issues. Setting and meeting deadlines. (was Re: Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals)

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 08:27:28 -0600
To: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Cc: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>, Matt May <mattmay@adobe.com>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
Hi Paul,

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 8:15 AM, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com> wrote:
>>* Open Tracker Issues are issues with someone working on a change proposal [2].
>
> I don't believe this is necessarily true.

2.b. in the document  says

"Open Issue: Writing a Change Proposal
    An issue with someone working on a change proposal is in the OPEN state."

http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy.html#escalation-step-2b

Should that be reworded?

> For example if you examine the Change Proposal Status page [1] you will see that there at least one issue e.g. ISSUE-78 for which the Chairs have not yet issued a Call for Change Proposals.

ISSUE-78  seems to be in the "raised" state not "open".

Thanks.