Re: Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 13:01:41 -0600
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Cc: John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>, Matt May <mattmay@adobe.com>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Hi Sam and Janina,

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 12:13 PM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:
> John Foliot wrote:
>>
>> Would it be helpful to the chairs if the A11y Task Force come back with
>> some proposed dates and times/timelines instead of the dart-board choice
>> of April 15th?
>
> Yes, it would be helpful if the A11y Task Force were to come back with an
> updated A11Y timeline for all tracker related issues.  Action 170 was opened
> on 2010-01-19, with an original target date of 2010-01-28:
>
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/170?changelog

I think that there may be some confusion over  the type of  Action 170 is.

Was the idea for Janina's Action 170 to be a permanent reporting
action? Or was it to be a one time thing? Janina asked about this
February 10.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Feb/0271.html

These are the accessibility issues
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Issues#Open_Issues

Accessibility Change Proposal Status
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Accessibility_Change_Proposal_Status

I agree would be good to have reasonable and realistic dates.