Re: change proposal: ARIA in HTML5: replace current text of section 3.2.6

Maciej Stachowiak writes:

> On Jun 23, 2010, at 8:08 AM, Steven Faulkner wrote:
>
> > The ARIA mapping sub group has completed one of its deliverables:
> >
> > summary of the proposal:
> > Replace the current ARIA in HTML5 conformance section 3.2.6 with the ARIA in HTML5 conformance section 3.2.6 provided.
> >

> > please review the section '3.2.6 Use of WAI-ARIA Roles, States and Properties in HTML'  developed by the ARIA mapping sub team
> > http://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/misc/HTML5/aria-html5-proposal.html
> >

> > the change proposal on the wiki is still be worked:
> > ARIA in HTML5: replace current text of section 3.2.6
> > http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/ARIAinHTML5
>
> This change proposal goes considerably beyond the scope of issues 85 (which is only about the role of the <a> element) and 109 (which is only about the title). I don't think rewriting the whole section is a fitting a Change Proposal for these two narrowly scoped issues.
>
> I suggest filing one or more bugs with the proposed changes (ideally describing the changes in prose rather than just referencing the alternate text).

Correct. It goes well beyond 85 and 109. It does so, because substantial change
is needed in the existing section text--indeed it was easiest to look at replacing the entire
section. So, perhaps Issue-14 is more appropriate, as Steve suggests:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2010Jun/0202.html

Perhaps 85 and 109 are now OBE?

Anyway, let's discuss this Thursday. The TF hasn't even taken this
proposal up yet itself. This is a report and recommendation from the
ARIA Mappings Subteam we set up in April. It's probably a couple weeks
away from a TF recommendation to the WG.

Janina

--

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200
		sip:janina@asterisk.rednote.net