Re: change proposal: ARIA in HTML5: replace current text of section 3.2.6

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 09:56:53 -0700
Cc: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>, Cynthia Shelly <cyns@microsoft.com>, David Bolter <david.bolter@gmail.com>
To: Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>

On Jun 23, 2010, at 8:08 AM, Steven Faulkner wrote:

> The ARIA mapping sub group has completed one of its deliverables:
> summary of the proposal:
> Replace the current ARIA in HTML5 conformance section 3.2.6 with the ARIA in HTML5 conformance section 3.2.6 provided.
> please review the section '3.2.6 Use of WAI-ARIA Roles, States and Properties in HTML'  developed by the ARIA mapping sub team
> http://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/misc/HTML5/aria-html5-proposal.html
> the change proposal on the wiki is still be worked:
> ARIA in HTML5: replace current text of section 3.2.6
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/ARIAinHTML5

This change proposal goes considerably beyond the scope of issues 85 (which is only about the role of the <a> element) and 109 (which is only about the title). I don't think rewriting the whole section is a fitting a Change Proposal for these two narrowly scoped issues.

I suggest filing one or more bugs with the proposed changes (ideally describing the changes in prose rather than just referencing the alternate text).