Re: Please Read (was RE: Survey on Media Accessibility Requirements)

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 20:38:14 -0400
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Sorry for this additional post on this topic, but there's one more important point I need to
make.

Not only are our requirements not a wish list, they are made up most of
tried and true experience delivering alternative access to persons with
disabilities. The overwhelming majority of what we've specified,
possibly even everything we've specified, has been utilized on the
planet for years.

No, it's not a wish list. It's actually fairly close to governmental
requirements in many instancesmany instances.

I can see how this might seem overwhelming to developers who haven't had
to consider such a complex of alternatives before, especially in the
constrained small device environment. But, please don't make the mistake
of thinking we're conjuring up a wish list.

Janina