Re: Discussion on Change Proposal for ISSUE-66

hi maciej,

>When alt is completely missing, most browser + screen reader combos will
read the filename. That is simply a fact.

for JAWS and window eyes at least if the alt attribute is missing the usual
behaviour is to ignore the image. Only if the image is the sole content of a
link will the AT announce something else (e.g. src attribute content).

there is more detail available here:
http://www.paciellogroup.com/resources/articles/altinhtml5.html

regards
steveF