Re: HTML Chairs Solicit Proposals for ISSUE-85 - ARIA anchor-roles

Hi Martin,

> I agree that the current spec draft [3] doesn't make sense and is
> restricting the allowed roles too much. I have some ideas, but I
> remember that Steve has created a matrix of roles in a Google doc,
> didn't he?

Yes, I think it is at:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AlVP5_A996c5dG9RSE9GMy1JaVlBQ2dIWDliczJHckE&hl=en

Steve, is this the latest?

>I can contribute to such a document.

That would be great.

> The question to me is: is restriction and overriding with "strong native
> semantics" the right approach?
> Do we need such a table/matrix at all?
> Shouldn't we trust that the author knows what he does?
[snip]
> if we need a restriction, is the HTML5 spec the right place?

All good questions for the task force to contemplate and discuss. I
have a related question that I will send out shortly.

Best Regards,
Laura

--
Laura L. Carlson