Re: Please vote on the canvas accessibility proposal

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010, Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:

> So, perhaps what would be easier for all of you is to simply have an
> attribute that says include the subtree in the navigable document
> structure when canvas is rendered? This is not the case now. This way
> you can't twist the definition of adom around to say that it is a
> compliance statement. After this we provide direction on how ensure the
> subtree supports accessibility.
>
> Right now HTML 5 has a whopper hole in it in that you can't use what is
> in the subtree to navigate the canvas rendering.
>
> something like navigatesubtree. I would not call it fallback because it
> may not me.

Is there a fifth case that I haven't thought of, in addition to these
four?:

 - content is empty (reading has no effect)
 - content is accessible augmentation of <canvas>
 - content is the only accessible alternative to the <canvas>
 - there is no accessible alternative and the content says so

If so, what is this fifth case?

We don't need navigatesubtree="" for any of the four cases above, but if
there is a fifth case I haven't considered, then that's a different
matter.