RE: summarization information delivery options: attribute or element

From: John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 13:28:53 -0800 (PST)
To: "'Laura Carlson'" <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>, "'Joshue O Connor'" <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>
Cc: "'Gez Lemon'" <g.lemon@webprofession.com>, "'Gregory J. Rosmaita'" <oedipus@hicom.net>, <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Laura Carlson wrote:

> The change proposal is titled "Details element as a replacement for
> summary attribute" [1].
>
> It says "summary can be made obsolete".

No, I'm sorry, it says: "The summary attribute would be allowed to become
obsolete, but would remain conforming until a future version of HTML, to
allow for backward compatibility with user agents which pre-date HTML 5."
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Details_element_as_a_replacement_for_summary_attribute,_Feb_15,_2010

...you neglected to mention the "... but would remain conforming..." part.

Respectfully,

JF