Re: summarization information delivery options: attribute or element

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 07:09:06 -0600
To: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Cc: "Gregory J. Rosmaita" <oedipus@hicom.net>, public-html-a11y@w3.org
Hi Leif,

> I am willing to write a change proposal for this, if I perceive that
> there is any interest for the AT <caption> solution.

To me a second caption seems like it would be confusing for authors
but others may disagree.

Matt said on the survey that the details proposal was overly
complicated for authors. It required additional effort on the part of
authoring tools and AT, and reeducation on the part of authors. He
talked about not resigning ourselves to contortion at this phase of
the development of the spec. I think that is good advice.