Re: Please vote on the canvas accessibility proposal

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 02:31:15 +0000 (UTC)
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Cc: public-canvas-api@w3.org, "public-html-a11y@w3.org" <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
On Thu, 25 Feb 2010, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:

> > This should never be an issue -- the script typically would create
> > this "accessible canvas" markup when it runs, only if it detects
> > <canvas>, in which case it would just remove the fallback markup.
>
> OK, you got me confused. I was thinking of a situation where there is
> markup inside the canvas that is coupled with the drawFocusRing function
> and thus linked with the display. Is that not practically possible?

If that content also worked for regular legacy fallback, sure, but if it
only really makes sense with the canvas script, then it would be better
for the script to generate that markup dynamically and insert it into the
<canvas> when it detects that <canvas> is supported, replacing the legacy
fallback.