Timed Text was Re: on SRT...

From: Matt May <mattmay@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 12:16:07 -0800
To: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
CC: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
That was, effectively, where we ended up. The support for Timed Text in Flash is a subset of the whole spec, though we are building on that support. If you're thinking about live use cases (or cases where you're importing media with existing roll-up captions), that would expand the scope of things, but unless I'm mistaken, HTML5 video isn't there yet.

How would you feel about an HTML5 profile of TTML (<- new name for DFXP as of the CR released today[1]) that at least matches the Presentation Profile?

-

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/ttaf1-dfxp/