[media] a first draft JavaScript API for multitrack media

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 21:55:55 +1100
To: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Everybody,

In a separate thread (which apparently was rather productive), we
started drafting an extension to the HTML5 media element with a
JavaScript API to access the track structure of the media resource.

The discussion relates to bugs 5758 and 8659 and resulted in a
first draft specification at:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_MultitrackAPI

What do people think about this API? Are there any ideas for improvement?

I am asking these questions because I would like us to take a step
forward in media accessibility. I would like us to decide that these
specifications are sensible and a good first draft to start basing
implementations on. It is, btw, expected that these implementations
will give us feedback about the usability of this API, identify any
further gaps, and lead to further improvements. Right now, though, is
probably a good time to take a deep breath and ask everyone's input
before moving forward.

Best Regards,
Silvia.